The concept of bunk bed was to cater to big families saying in small areas, thus solving their habitat dilemma. This concept is exploited today by commercial manufacturers, who design, decorate and induct artistic appeal to cater to the requirements of well to do families. The business houses, by exploiting this simple idea, make a considerable profit by selling their bunk bed with stairs.
Bunk bed with stairs
Bunk bed with stairs is the latest designed product conceptualized and marketed by bunk bed manufacturers. In earlier days, the classic bunk bed had ladders, climbing from the bottom to the top. Moreover, many bunk beds did not have this facility resulting in the occupant climbing or hoisting him up to the top bed. Bunk bed with stairs, have their merits for which the parents buy them for their children, irrespective of the high cost factor. The obvious merits of the beds are; it has stairs, which are safe, and runs from the floor to the top of the bed, and hence easier and safer for the child to climb up and down without any accident. Without a ladder, it is risky to hoist up to the top, but with stairs having, the arms and legs stay in control thus providing a risk free climb to the top bed. In bunk bed with stairs, the chances of falling or slipping down are prevented.
Bunk bed with stairs has artistic appeal and molded into the environment of the room decorum to match with other furniture. Additionally, it provides an impression and feeling of richness when compared to the standard classic version. This is consumer psychology, like buying a new flashy car or a plasma television or going for a bunk bed with stairs. The manufacturers have tested the taste of the buyers and have come up with this innovative concept.
However, I personally feel that with the hefty price tag attached to bunk beds with stairs, it is not worth for many common people. The design of the bed has the aesthetic appeal and nothing more added for the value. Instead, if the buyer has the money to spend then he/she should opt for the bunk bed with futon underside, which when necessary used as a bed. This type of bed used as a sofa in normal times and during visit of guests the bed is pulled from beneath to sleep at night.
Bunk Beds with Stairs; its suitability to lifestyle
The design of the bunk bed staircase is that it has staircase to climb the top bunker instead of ladder. Many people including aged persons do not prefer to climb up the bunker because they are shaky and have an unpleasant feeling. There are some genuine apprehensions in this regard and some of them are discussed below.
- Overweight or fat people feel comfort while using bunk bed with stairs. Such people are uncomfortable with ladders, as they are strenuous, and feel safe with staircases. It is therefore advisable for such people to make use of bunk bed with staircases because slipping from a ladder can cause physical injury more than it can cause to a slim person. The maximum risk of falling from ladders is in the time of descending from the bunker in the morning. Therefore having a bunk bed staircase, such accidental situations are avoidable. The inclusion of staircase is a comfortable proposition for obese people.
- Some people suffer from Acrophobia. As such, they feel a natural panic like feeling when they realize that they are at a height devoid of protection. Such situations make them nervous which affects their descending and ascending uncomfortable. People with such phobia should not use bunk beds and if at all circumstances compels they should opt for bunk bed with stairs and avoid using ladders. Similarly, aged people, frail people with weak hands should adhere to the bunk bed with stairs and not ladders. This relieves the joint, muscle pressure, which is otherwise detrimental to their physical condition, and therefore recommended. The stairs assist them in ascending and descending without risk.
- Many people with a taste for room furnishing value designs have the first choice for bunk bed staircase because to them the old-fashioned bunk beds are featureless which is similar to other prevailing pieces of furniture in the home. Since the bunk beds with stairs manufactured with wood, invariable custom made and come with different colors, designs and shapes added to make it look creative. People who value such creative concept prefer the custom-made design for the bunk bed stairs for their home. However, this bed with stairs may not be practical for many people but without any viable alternative, they have to adapt to it.
How to choose a bunk bed with stairs
Contemporary bunk beds with stairs are modern and practical in concept than the earlier version of bunk beds of the past. I remember when I was a kid our bunk bed was twin sized and on the top another twin sized bed with a ladder to climb to the top. I used to spend most of the time in the top bunker but later on, I changed places with my brother and descended down to the bottom. There I had my own private, small and cozy space. In those days, bunk beds were made of metal as well as wood and were economical in space utilization. When I visit my parents today I find those furniture is as efficient as it was then and is still functional and practical to use.
In contemporary times, we find that many additional features and designs added which never existed before. To sight an example is the inclusion of staircase. Most of the bunk bed is added with a staircase for ascending and descending the bunker, (many times the parents lifting their child for the night sleep) which is safe, hassle free and comfortable. The bunk bed with stairs has additional facilities, such as, space for drawers, storage space, bookracks, etc. This additional feature provides more space and allows the user to access to books for night reading. Bunk bed staircase often called as staircase bunk beds or stair stepper bunk beds, which solves the age-old problem of using a ladder to climb the bunker.
There are various types and designs of bunk bed staircase. Unlike regular version of twin bed over twin bed, you have twin bed over full size bed, full bed over full bed, which is comfortable for grown up kids and adults and who needs to economize space utilization. This type of bed is capable for sustaining a load of 400 lbs across the mattress, which is sufficient for a normal or slightly obese person.
The loft bed is attached with a desk or storage space, which is provided below the top bunker. Many designs have a bottom bed. Since there are several models of bunk bed with stairs are available, each model has its own additional facility. Loft beds generally have the features of bunk bed, storage space, desk, dresser, bookrack, all-in-one piece and are a wonderful piece of kid’s bedroom furniture.
When you propose to buy a bunk bed with stairs, it is pertinent to have fair knowledge about the material that is used in the furniture. It is wise to have a bunk bed with stairs that have solid wood instead of hollow wood. Buying the bed with solid wood has reasons to its merit.
- Buying, solid wood bunk bed you will get a natural look with natural grains of the wood, which will enhance the beauty of the room.
- Solid wood bunker bed will be long lasting and durable compared to particleboard, composite, or other materials such as MDF. Opting for metal bunk bed with stairs is also a good choice because it is durable, strong and compared to solid wood less costly. However, many people do not prefer the metal option as it lacks the aesthetic appeal.
- While Choosing a loft or bunk bed you need to decide the option of having an extra bed (up to three mattresses in a single piece) either under the bottom bunk or under the bed storage. Such displaceable beds known as trundle beds, which have a hidden bed beneath the bunk bed set. This helps a great deal when you have overnight visitors in home. In many models, these options are inbuilt in the bunk bed with stairs.
Eventually, one should have the knowledge about the best option of bunk bed with stairs with the best price tag. The best way to get an offhand idea is through internet. Many online manufacturers, commercial organizations, shops that sell bunk bed with stairs. Each seller has their review from customers, which speak about the price, quality, design and durability. Several manufacturers send their product directly to your home, when booked online. Hence, the safest and best way to compare price, quality, design and durability is to browse online.